If you have encountered the “File_name downloaded file checksum does not match” error when installing the game via the launcher:
You need to follow the next steps:
- Set full rights for the current user (folder properties, Security tab) for the game and launcher folders. Also you need to temporarily disable all antivirus and security programs, especially Windows Defender.
- If the error persists, you have to verify your storage drive (HDD or SSD) integrity.
Steps to check the drive status for errors are carried out using the Windows command prompt:
1. Open the Start menu and type Command Prompt; if you don’t see a search box, it will open automatically after you start typing.
2. Right click the Command Prompt icon in the opened window and click Run as administrator.
3. Next, at the command prompt, enter the command chkdsk [drive letter]: /[test options] (it is optimal to select automatic check). For example, if you need to check drive D, you should enter “chkdsk D: /F /R” (where F is an automatic check). When checking the disk currently in use, the system will prompt you to check it after reboot. You need to type Y to confirm or N to deny.
4. After the scan is done, statistics will be displayed on the screen.
If no errors were found on your storage drive but the error still persists, please contact the Escape from Tarkov Support Service via the game launcher, with a detailed list of steps taken by you and a screenshot of the error. To do this, you must click the "Report bug" button in the lower right corner of the game launcher.
Setting full rights:
Disabling Windows Defender:
Verify storage drive: