Escape from Tarkov is in development and the project team is actively improving the situation with the optimization and stability of the project, reworking existing solutions and adding new ones, such as Nvidia DLSS and AMD FSR.
To improve the gaming experience, we offer the following recommendations:
- Try different graphics settings and options to find the right profile for your computer.
- The "Use only physical cores" option will exclude the use of virtual processor cores and may improve the situation for some processor models.
- At the moment the game is demanding on the processor (CPU) of the computer, so make sure that you have a powerful processor of the new generations installed.
- Disable any third-party applications that may consume processing power (CPU) or random access memory (RAM).
- Lower resolution textures reduce RAM consumption.
- Using a page file instead of random access memory (RAM) is not recommended, since reading and writing to the hard disk drive (HDD) creates friezes. It is acceptable to use an SSD for the swap file.
- Disabling the option "Preload hideout" will reduce the game start time, but will increase the transition time to the hideout. Use the Preload Shelter option if you have 16GB or more of RAM.
- Using Resampling (image scaling) to reduce the render image (0.75, 0.5) will help with performance, but will degrade the quality of the image on the screen.
- Enabling PostFX takes more time to render a frame and is not recommended to be enabled if you have a weak PC.
- Mip Streaming option reduces video memory consumption. It is recommended to use only when the swap file is configured (page file) on the SSD.