Error 208 - bad region
Error occuring when you try to launch the game in a region different from your purchase region.
When you place the pre-order on the pre-order page, there is a warning of a region lock and an indication of the region you are currently in.
The info specified there may vary, depending on which region you are currently in. Speaking of these regions, there are three regions for the pre-order region lock. Let’s review them below:
- CIS Region (RU and post soviet states or Ex-USSR states): Purchases made in this region work only in the CIS countries.
- EU Region (Europe): Purchases made in this region will allow you to launch the game anywhere in the world. You can also upgrade to this region at any time by going back to the pre-order page (Make sure you are logged in). There will be an upgrade button under the package you want to upgrade to.
- Other Region: When you check on the warning section you will see your region is ‘’Other (US, ET, AUS, etc.)’’. There will be an abbreviation in brackets next to ''Other'' and this is for clarification purpose. You only need to consider that you are in the region, ''OTHER''. Purchases made in countries outside of EU and CIS countries; all goes to this region and this version of game can be launched anywhere in the world except in Europe regions.
Few notes to consider:
- Make sure you are not using a VPN while making the purchase because this might lead you to purchasing the wrong region version.
- If you get the wrong region, you can upgrade to EU version at any time through the pre-order page (Make sure you are logged in).
- Region lock does not mean you cannot play with other regions or in other servers. It only means that your game can only be physically launched/run in that region.
- If you travel a lot, EU version is the way to go.