Checksum does not match
If you have encountered the “File_name downloaded file checksum does not match” error when installing the game via the launcher:
You need to follow the next steps:
- Set full rights for the current user (folder properties, Security tab) for the game and launcher folders. Also you need to temporarily disable all antivirus and security programs, especially Windows Defender.
- If the error persists, you have to verify your storage drive (HDD or SSD) integrity.
Steps to check the drive status for errors are carried out using the Windows command prompt:
1. Open the Start menu and type Command Prompt; if you don’t see a search box, it will open automatically after you start typing.
2. Right click the Command Prompt icon in the opened window and click Run as administrator.
3. Next, at the command prompt, enter the command chkdsk [drive letter]: /[test options] (it is optimal to select automatic check). For example, if you need to check drive D, you should enter “chkdsk D: /F /R” (where F is an automatic check). When checking the disk currently in use, the system will prompt you to check it after reboot. You need to type Y to confirm or N to deny.
4. After the scan is done, statistics will be displayed on the screen.
If no errors were found on your storage drive but the error still persists, please contact the Escape from Tarkov Support Service via the game launcher, with a detailed list of steps taken by you and a screenshot of the error. To do this, you must click the "Report bug" button in the lower right corner of the game launcher.
Setting full rights:
Disabling Windows Defender:
Verify storage drive:
Device ID is a system that adds your PC into the list of trusted devices. Thus, launching the game from your account on a new device will require email confirmation, making it harder for hackers to gain access to your account. The procedure itself is one-time, but if you change some parts of your computer or connect a device to it, you will have to verify Device ID again. Installing or updating Windows will also require you to re-verify your Device ID.
The system will automatically send an email with the Device ID code to the address specified during registration.
Next, you have to paste the code into the box and click Authorize.
If everything is successful, you will log in to the system.
The code in the email is valid for 60 minutes. If you didn’t have time to enter the code, you will have to receive a new email. The email with the code may arrive with a delay of up to 10 minutes. If you are not receiving emails from us, please read this article.
Launcher error codes
Launcher - a program separate from the game, which is the link in providing access to the game. Therefore, not all error codes relate to the operation of the launcher itself.
Occurs when trying to login to the launcher. The error indicates that login (email) or password was incorrect. Check the correctness of the pair, typos of the login (email) and password. If you have multiple accounts, make sure you are using the correct login (email) and password pair to log in. If that doesn't help, we recommend that you reset your password to a new one and write it down in a safe place.
Occurs when trying to login to the launcher. It is a requirement to pass Captcha protection, proving that you are not a "brute force" algorithm. If you encounter such an error, just complete the Captcha correctly.
Occurs when trying to login to the launcher. Indicates that login attempts have been exceeded. The error is accompanied by a temporary blocking of the user's ability to login. This lock is a necessary way to protect passwords from "brute-forcing" and cannot be reset. The next time you try to log in, check the correctness of the entered login and password. If you can't log in, try resetting your password.
Occurs when trying to login to the launcher. Means that your profile is blocked and no longer has access to the resources and services of the project.
Occurs when trying to start the game through the launcher. The error occurs when you try to launch a game from a region that is not included in your pre-order. When pre-ordering, on the pre-order page, a warning is indicated at the bottom showing your current region.
Regions only affect the pre-order purchase price and the ability to launch the game. These regions do not apply to game servers in any way, you can play on any ping available server.
- CIS Region: Purchases made in this region work only in the CIS countries.
- EU Region (Europe): Purchases made in this region will allow you to launch the game anywhere in the world. You can also upgrade to this region at any time by going back to the pre-order page (Make sure you are logged in). There will be an upgrade button under the package you want to upgrade to.
- Other Region: Purchases made in this region work only in countries outside of EU and CIS countries; all goes to this region and this version of game can be launched anywhere in the world except in Europe regions. May also appear as "USA".
- Make sure you are not using a VPN while making the purchase because this might lead you to purchasing the wrong region version.
- If you get the wrong region error (208), you can upgrade to EU version at any time through the pre-order page (Make sure you are logged in).
- If you travel a lot, EU version is the way to go.
Suspicious behaviour. CF-RAY
May occur when trying to login via Launcher or site. Please, contact support department attaching screenshot of an error, CF-RAY id, your current IP adress (you may use https://www.whatismyip.com/ service for that). You may contact support via site https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/support/contact or by an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Error "Error reading JObject from JsonReader.Path line 1 position 637"
When facing this error, you should reinstall the launcher first (it's not necessary to delete the game at the same time). Launcher installer can be downloaded from the profile page on the site. Then, in the launcher, you need to specify the path to the installed game, if you did not delete it, or install the game again.
Cannot load the file "ConsistencyInfo"
If the error "Cannot load the file "ConsistencyInfo". The connection is closed.../Cannot resolve the remote name cdn-11.eft-store.com" in the launcher, as well as with errors when trying to download the launcher from the site - should in the settings of the Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) change the DNS server to 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11