We would like to proudly announce that Escape from Tarkov will be entering its official Closed Beta Testing stage (CBT) in July 2017. The closed beta will be available to owners of all pre-order editions, regardless of the purchase date. On this stage, we will introduce major performance optimizations, several new features and plenty of new content: the new Shoreline location, new weapon parts and modifications, new loot items, a new trader and much more.
Now a bit more detail on some of the significant new features and content in the Closed Beta:
- Insurance System - For a small amount of in-game currency, it is possible to ensure the weapons and equipment, increasing the chances of retaining it.
- Loot and Economy - The CBT will feature new Merchant named Peacemaker from whom players will be able to purchase western weapons and gear, new barter loot, medicine and additional useful items for players to buy, sell and trade. Economic balancing means items will be made available in marketplaces for barter and in loot drops based on their popularity and rarity within the economics system.
- Weapons - New weapon customization parts and ammunition types, also the addition of the modern-classic MP5 submachine gun offer players even more customizability - no wonder, as the in-depth customization is one of the things we are most proud of.
- Locations - There will be a total of four locations available to play- Customs, Woods, Factory, and Shoreline - all with different sizes and terrains. The Shoreline location will be the newest and the biggest map addition to the CBT.
- General Chat - Chat channels to all players online in the game allowing players to share useful information and assemble for the raids.
Escape from Tarkov has been preparing for the launch of the Closed Beta; the Battlestate Games team has dedicated a great deal of time to the optimization of the animation system, internal game and system modules, which have all undergone extensive adjustments and optimizations. Also in preparation for the CBT launch, the game has been updated to the current version of Unity, allowing Escape from Tarkov to take full use of DX11 and other optimizations offered by the engine.
The closed beta is now at the doorstep! Come join us and become a part of the Escape. Pre-order Escape from Tarkov now!